Yeayyy…tomorrow is my off day… this week i’ve 3 days to ease my stress and be with my family and relatives=)
My husband and i will be boarding tonight to sent our parents to perform umrah. Mama, Papa we will du’a for both of you to have a safe journey, be in a good health throughout the umrah.
And today is my 1 step closer either to disaster or to success…i don’t know.. I’m trying so hard to ease my stress now…Do you know how bad stress can affect you?
The effects of stress (Source:http://www.myoptumhealth.com)
Stress can have effects throughout your body on both your physical and mental health. It can affect:
- Digestion. Stress hormones slow the release of stomach acid and interfere with how well the stomach can empty itself. This can cause stomachaches. These same hormones cause the colon to work faster and may lead to diarrhea.
- Heart, brain and blood vessels. High levels of the stress hormone cortisol increase your heart rate and your blood pressure. Cortisol can also raise your cholesterol levels. These factors raise your risk for heart attacks and strokes.
- Immune system. Normally, your immune system responds to infections by releasing chemicals that aid in the healing process. The stress response weakens your immune system, slowing wound healing and making you more likely to get colds and infections.
- Weight. Cortisol makes you crave fats and carbohydrates, which can cause you to gain weight. Cortisol also makes you more likely to put on weight in your abdominal area. Weight gain in this area raises your risk for heart disease and diabetes.
- Mental health. Being bombarded with stress hormones creates a constant state of tension and anxiety. Over time this can set you up for depression, headaches or other problems, especially if they run in the family. Also, because your body is in a heightened state of arousal, you may have trouble sleeping.
That’s something to share with you and to enrich my knowledge=)